Tuesday 5 April 2016

My Arms and Shoulders are on Fire

Today I showed up to Crossfit rested and ready to go, well lets just say I didn't leave rested, it was a good workout session that hit a lot of my weakness.

The workout today was as follows:

Warm up:

1)
21 Handstand Push-ups    21 Ring Dips     21 Push-ups    21 Cal Row
15 Handstand Push-ups    15 Ring Dips     15 Push-ups    15 Cal Row
9  Handstand Push-ups      9  Ring Dips      9  Push-ups     9  Cal Row

2) Unbroken Pull-ups
    7-5-3 x3

3) EMOM increasing weight (10lbs)
crossfit handstand push-ups Shoulder Press ( I made it 7 rounds, to 105lbs )

My shoulders and arms are burning as I sit here typing this.  The handstand push-ups are by far my weakness. I had to scaled the HSPU's up putting bumper plates under the abmat to perform them. The Ring Dips I also scaled by doing bar dips.

This workouts really suck when you look at them because the fear creeps in, but afterwards you feel a sense of accomplishment having worked on your weakness.

Click here to see how to perform Handstand Push-ups as well as a great video from Crossfit Hq.

No comments:

Post a Comment